If you’ve experienced the loss of one or more teeth, you no doubt feel the restrictions that a gap in your smile can create. You might have a tendency to hide your smile when you talk or laugh, and may even begin to avoid eating certain foods that you fear will give you a hard time. Life can seemingly turn into a series of land mines. Your dentist in Spring TX, Dr. Kelly LeBlanc, wants you to know that there is no reason to suffer from the effects of tooth loss anymore. With dental implants, he can provide you with a long-lasting and effective solution for restoring the beautiful smile that you deserve.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
There are many reasons for tooth loss, so discovering any underlying problems is the first step in knowing how well a dental implant will work for you. One of the primary problems associated with tooth loss is gum disease. Proper oral hygiene is essential to avoid the build up of the bacteria and plaque that brings cavities and enamel loss. Gum disease must be treated and resolved before any dental implant process could be performed. The following are some additional guidelines to help you determine if you might be a good candidate for dental implants:
- You do not suffer from diabetes or another autoimmune disease that would make it hard for you to heal.
- You have sufficient bone density and structure in your jaw to accommodate the implant.
- You are a non-smoker or willing to stop smoking during the implant process.
- You are willing to commit to the amount of time necessary to complete the implant process, although it’s important to remember that the treatment length is different for everyone.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The most obvious benefit is the joy of having your smile restored. A bold and healthy smile that makes you feel good about yourself is probably the number one reason for getting dental implants. You will be more likely to engage in your normal social activities, such as going out to dine, as your appearance will no longer have the potential to hold you back. Here are a few more great benefits:
- Patients won’t have to worry about gradual jawbone deterioration, which is common with more traditional treatments.
- Dental implants are an extremely long-lasting solution, as long as they are properly placed and cared for.
- They will help you maintain the shape of your face and protect healthy bone.
- Implants are not susceptible to cavities.
- Implants make it easier to speak and chew.
- Implants are permanent and will not slip out of place.
- Implants are a very reliable and predictable restoration method.
What Are You Waiting For?
Tooth loss can happen to anyone regardless of age or lifestyle. Find out if getting dental implants in Spring, TX is the right option for you. After receiving a full consultation, Dr. LeBlanc will assess your needs and medical history to determine if dental implants are the best solution.
If you’re interested in getting your smile restored, please call our office today.